ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safely transport passengers to and from scheduled Non-Emergency doctor’s appointments.
- Safely operate a van or sedan in cities and rural areas in all types of conditions.
- Optimize safe and efficient routes using Google/Apple Maps and our dispatching app.
- Safely assist passengers in and out of the vehicle and into and out of their home or clinic.
- Review your ride schedule for the day to ensure availability and timeliness between rides.
- Communicate with dispatch any schedule changes or passenger incidents.
- Ability to safely drive in various weather or traffic conditions in cities or rural areas.
- Familiarity with Google/Apple Maps; familiarity with smartphone app technologies.
- Good customer service skills and able to interact with many different types of people daily.
- An honest desire to assist our customers and team in a friendly, understanding, and helpful manner.
You will be operating a sedan or minivan for the entirety of your shift bringing customers to and from scheduled, non-emergency medical appointments (such as child day-program facilities, dialysis, chemotherapy, or vision, dental, or general wellness visits). Our customer base consists of everyone including young children riding alone to their day-programs, the physically or cognitively impaired, and the elderly. It is important that you can interact in a friendly and helpful manner with people of various ages, capabilities, and backgrounds. You will be formally trained in STS (Specialized Transportation Services) classes in-house (or provide your own certificates) including Defensive Driving, Passenger Assistance, Abuse Prevention, and First Aid. You will need to have a smart phone with data capabilities to run a scheduling and dispatching app as well as Google or Apple Maps for most of the day. General familiarity with smartphone app operation as well as doing general internet searches from a smartphone will make your job easier.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Pass preemployment drug screening and DOT physical.
- Pass a Netstudy2.0 state/federal background screening; includes fingerprinting.
- Smartphone with data plan capable of operating Google/Apple maps throughout the day.
- Commitment to scheduled availability.
- DOT STS trainings within 45 days of hire date (provided in-house at no cost).
- Fluently communicate in English: reading, writing, speaking, listening.